On behalf of our client, a well-established boutique firm that specializes in Tax planning and advisory, we are looking for an Audit Manager to be based at their offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts audit procedures and is in charge of multiple clients in a wide variety of industries (i.e. investment companies, provision of financing facilities, trading companies, etc.) in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing and the Companies Law.Cap.113.
- Completes multiple audit engagements assigned to him/her for managers’ review and to be able to prepare and review the financial statements of various Companies in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Reviews audit work of subordinates upon senior manager instructions before submission to senior manager for further review to ensure engagement compliance with the company’s quality control policies.
- Assigns staff and budgeting hours for audit engagements and tracks the progress of the audit process.
- Follows up daily work and addresses any issues that may concern the clients from time to time.
- Plans, executes and successfully completes the audits in accordance with IFRSs and IASs
- Stays updated on the status of work assigned to him/her and reports directly to Audit Senior Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Checks and reviews all audit documentation.
- Evaluates risk along with designing and communicating audit procedures to engagement teams.
- Provides support, training, develops and shares knowledge with Junior and senior staff members.
- Contributes to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Attends meetings with clients and follows the agenda prepared to fulfil client needs.
- Monitors the progress, invoicing, and collection of receivables in relation to the audit engagements or any other work assigned to his/her.
- Assists the management team and Human Resources department during the recruitment and selection process, including conducting interviews etc.
- Handles a client portfolio and completes assignments efficiently and effectively.
- Develops his/her knowledge in the abovementioned areas and stays updated (either through day-to-day assignments or through continued study) on the following: Auditing Standards, IFRS standards, Companies Law, Taxation, VAT
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Degree with a background in Accounting or another relevant field
- Sound Academic record
- A Degree in Information Technology will be considered a plus.
- Studying towards the ACCA/ACA qualification with a good track of exam results
- More than five years of experience in an audit firm (ideally at least 3 years post qualification)
- Experience in coaching, supervising and managing staff members.
- A proven track record of establishing client relationships.
- Excellent knowledge of auditing procedures and accounting and financial reporting standards
- Knowledge of CaseWare Audit International
- Very good knowledge of Cyprus taxation and VAT
- Excellent organization skills and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly self-motivated and desire continuous improvement
- Excellent written communication skills in both Greek and English language
- Knowledge of Russian or other foreign languages is considered an advantage.
- IT literate
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and practicable experience.
- Bonus based on performance.
- Expenses towards ACCA/ACA qualification are fully covered by the firm.
- Six days paid study leave regarding the first attempt at examinations of ACCA/ACA qualifications.
- Five days of paid sick leave per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Training events that will help both your personal and professional development.
- Participation in our various corporate events and activities.
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
Accounting - Qualified