On behalf of our Client, a leading maritime satellite communications and technologies provider, we are looking for a Marine Electronics Engineer to be based at their offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the maintenance and remote troubleshooting of navigation and communication equipment, such as radar systems, radio communication systems, electronic chart display and information systems (ECDIS), automatic identification systems (AIS), and satellite communication systems.
- Conducts routine testing and diagnostic procedures on navigation and communication systems to ensure their proper functioning.
- Conducts performance tests, analyses data, and identifies and resolvs technical issues.
- Assists in training personnel on the proper use and operation of navigation and communication systems.
- Provides technical support and guidance to internal and external users when they encounter issues or have questions regarding the equipment.
- Assists other departments, such as service coordination or sales to correctly identify customer requirements and propose correct solutions.
- Reviews performance of internal or subcontracted field service engineers and provides recommendations and/or corrective actions as applicable to all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintains accurate records of system maintenance, repairs, and test results.
- Updates technical manuals, equipment logs, and other relevant documentation to ensure proper documentation of system status and changes.
- Collaborates with other team members, and other departments, to support overall operational objectives and ensure effective communication and coordination within the team.
- Assists in the implementation of system upgrades, software updates, and security patches.
- Keeps up to date with technological advancements in the field of navigation and communication systems to ensure the systems are modernized and meet the required standards.
- Be the first point of contact for field service engineers, performing services onboard vessels. Provide administrative and technical support as needed.
- Join Field Service Engineers onboard ships for on-site works, as instructed by the Head of Filed Service Support, for training and familiarization purposes
- Degree in Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, or a related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Understanding of GPS, radar systems, and marine communication systems is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of software programming and debugging.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A competitive remuneration package
- 13th salaries
- Medical insurance scheme
- Continuous professional development and training opportunities
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.