Senior Tax Associate
Senior Tax Associate
On behalf of our client, a well-established boutique firm that specializes in Tax planning and advisory, we are looking for a Senior Tax Associate to be based at their offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists tax manager/tax supervisor in the provision of advisory and consultation services to clients on direct tax issues
- Prepares and reviews tax memorandums for companies and individuals as assigned by the tax manager/tax supervisor
- Assists in the preparation and filing of personal and corporate income tax returns
- Researches tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance with current and future developments in local and international tax legislation/practice
- Participates in meetings with clients and assists the tax manager/tax supervisor in the gathering of information and data
- Completes tax assignments in a wide variety of industries, with a main focus on technology and fast-paced growth sectors
- Works with other departments and business units within the organization to address tax-related matters
- Prepares and/or assist with letters/reports/advanced tax rulings of opinion in relation to Taxation matters that will need to be submitted to the clients and/or to the Cyprus Tax Department.
- Assists in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation, benchmarking studies, and local file reports to support clients’ transfer pricing positions.
- Assists tax manager/tax supervisor in advising clients on transfer pricing matters, including the development of transfer pricing policies and documentation.
- Works along with the tax manager/tax supervisor to ensure compliance with current and future transfer pricing developments in the domestic and international transfer pricing framework.
- Assists in the execution of various business development initiatives (e.g. preparation of newsletters, proposals, and presentations)
- Stays up to date with all developments in the field of taxation.
- Contributes to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Tax Manager.
- Degree in law, accounting, finance, economics or other related fields
- Sound academic record
- 3-4 years of related experience in an audit firm, tax practice or related role
- Exposure in a transfer pricing role will be considered an advantage
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness
- Maintain good relations with other members of staff and clients
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Greek and English language
- Knowledge of Russian or other foreign languages is considered an advantage
- IT literate
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and practicable experience.
- Bonus based on performance.
- Expenses towards ACCA/ACA qualification are fully covered by the firm.
- Six days paid study leave in regard to the first attempt at examinations of ACCA/ACA qualifications.
- Five days of paid sick leave per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Training events that will help both your personal and professional development.
- Participation in our various corporate events and activities.
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
Accounting - Non Qualified