Uniteam Marine is an international ship management organisation that provides industry-leading services to ship owners and ship managers across a wide range of countries and jurisdictions.
With immediate effect we are looking for a Vessel Superintendent to be based at our office in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and abidances with the planned maintenance program among further key requirements as per Technical Management Procedure
- Budgets, plans, coordinates, executes and supervises of repair, maintenance, and warranty works
- Monitors/reports costs and lubricates oil consumption associated with the technical management of vessels
- Executes negotiations with suppliers and vendors authorizing purchases of spare parts, services, and consumables for the vessel within the Vessel Superintendents authority limit
- Supervises the Purchasing Officers in charge of assigned vessels
- Maintains assigned ships in Class and monitors the classification and statutory status of the vessel, advising the Shipmaster accordingly
- Ensures compliance with all applicable national and international rules and regulations and the internal requirements of the Company
- Undertakes Marine inspection, survey and Rightship vetting of vessels including performance and efficiency improvement, evaluation of operations and work processes on board, condition documentation and follow up
- Provides technical and operational guidance and supports the Shipmaster, as required
- Assimilates and pertinents distribution of lessons learned and relevant information within the managed fleet, in cooperation with the QSE Function
- Monitors (sea-) stock management
- Prepares, budgets, and executes of vessel‘s dry dockings and shipyard times
- Submits information related to vessel’s dry-docking to Technical Director and owners (e.g. areas, yards, tenders, availability of slots)
- Prepares and evaluates specifications and tenders. Monitors firm booking of shipyard and agreed work scopes after approval by Technical Director
- Supervises vessels dry-docking, reports daily and monitors the dry-docking costs.
- Schedules and distributes of flying engineers
- Follows up, handles and supports insurance claims, stevedore damages and claimable events after verification of claims by Technical Director
- Appoints and integrates new buildings after delivery into the running fleet
- Implements the requirements of the QSE system, according to the Vessel Superintendent role. Works with the QSE Manager and ensures that the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and the ISM Code are implemented and maintained
- Follows up on third parties’ inspection reports, in cooperation with the QSE Function.
- Plans and arranges corrective actions, in cooperation with the QSE Function
- Coordinates and engages with Operations Function for any occasional limitation of ship’s operational availability or deviation of the technical description of the vessel
- Minimum 5 years of sea service as Second / Chief Engineer or 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of the applicable codes, guidelines, and standards
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and SharePoint
- 13th salary & Birthday bonus
- Provident fund
- Employee discount card scheme
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- Corporate events
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.