Uniteam Global Business Services delivers outstanding professional business services in the areas of financial management, accounting administration, human resources, and information technology, enabling customers to focus on the core activities.
With immediate effect, we are looking for a Procurement Officer to be based at our office in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and checks requisitions from vessels, taking into account existing stock and vessel’s budget
- Responsible for the evaluation of suppliers’ quotations and the negotiation of suppliers’ prices and terms in cooperation with the Procurement Competency Head
- Manages the placement of purchase orders on a timely basis and in a cost-efficient way manner to ensure vessels are supplied with adequate provisions/slop chest/soap and working gear in accordance with the procurement policy
- Follows up on placed purchase orders to ensure that supplies are received in-line with the pre-agreed schedule
- Performs reconciliation of invoices with quotations and delivery notes and investigation of any discrepancies
- Keeps accurate records of purchase orders and invoices that relate to provisions/slop chests/soap and working gear
- Undertakes research to identify the best products and suppliers in terms of price, delivery schedules and quality.
- Receives and reviews of provisions, slop chest, and soap/working gear statements from vessels
- Handles the maintenance of appropriate stock records for working gear kept onshore
- Liaises with suppliers and Captains
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Work well as part of a team
- No prior experience is necessary but will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.