Uniteam Marine is an international ship management organization that provides industry-leading services to ship owners and ship managers across a wide range of countries and jurisdictions.
With immediate effect, we are looking for a QSE Manager to be based at our office in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the follow-up of applicable reports and deficiencies for assigned vessels
- Manages the audit program of the QSE System
- Performs internal audits on board and within the office as assigned by the Lead Auditor
- Responsible for the follow-up of crew complaints, as well as for the required auditing and certification of assigned ships
- Ensures the safe operation of assigned ships by monitoring the safety and pollution prevention aspects of the operation of each managed vessel, in cooperation with the Technical Managers
- Analyses applicable working practices, reports, deficiencies and non- conformities; introduces and monitors corrective measures in co-operation with the Management, Department Heads and ship’s command
- Investigates accidents, incidents, and near misses, formulates effective corrective and preventive action, and ensures lessons learned are disseminated throughout the relevant parts of the Company
- Develops Quality, Safety, and Environmental systems, policies, and procedures
- Advises the level of threats likely to be encountered by the ship, using appropriate security assessments and other relevant information
- Ensures that a ship security assessment is carried out for each of the ships under the Company’s QSE Management as per the flag administration regulations
- Coordinates the preparation, approval, distribution, implementation, and continued effectiveness of the Ship Security Plan in order to obtain the required International Ship Security Certificate
- Ensures that the Ship Security Plan is modified, as appropriate, to correct deficiencies and satisfy the security requirements of the individual ship
- Ensures that deficiencies and non-conformities identified during internal audits, periodic reviews, security inspections, and verifications of compliance are promptly addressed and dealt with
- University degree or similar qualification in Business Management / Shipping or related fields
- 2 years of experience in a similar position or 5 years of experience as a senior officer onboard
- Knowledge of the applicable codes, guidelines, and standards
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution recognized by the Administration or by the recognized organization, within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science, or
- Qualifications and seagoing experience as a certified ship officer pursuant to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended, or
- Other formal education combined with not less than three years of practical senior-level experience in ship management operations
- Certified Internal Auditor for applicable standards. (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 ISM, etc.)
- Certified Company Security Officer Training, with a company approved by the Flag Administrations.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and SharePoint
- The position requires a significant amount of international travel
- 13th salary & Birthday bonus
- Provident fund
- Employee discount card scheme
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- Corporate events
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.