On behalf of our client, a team of Directors, Managers, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, and a SENCO who work together productively to create a stimulating and inclusive environment for each and every child, we are looking for a Teacher (Preschool) to be based at their school in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates Class Timetables according to the guidelines and standards of
the British National Curriculum.
- Creates long and medium-term planning according to the British National
Curriculum to teach and educate an entire class.
- Creates weekly lesson plans on a weekly basis, based on the long and
- Plans activities for the entire class, small groups or individuals,
ensuring differentiation is used to engage all students’ levels of
abilities and needs.
- Assesses and records student development, progress and behaviour and
presents the information to parents and superiors, whenever instructed to
by the school, through written and oral reports and meetings.
- Creates and reinforces classroom rules.
- Adopts and works towards the implementation of the school’s development
plan and Mission.
- Communicates, consults and co-operates with other members of the
school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and
parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Advises and co-operates with the Head Teacher, Team Leader and other
teachers for the preparation and development of courses of study,
teaching materials, teaching programs (Curriculum and Extra Curriculum
based), methods of teaching and assessment arrangements.
- Ensures high standards of professional practice and quality of
teaching. Through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer
review and observation of class teaching practice by the Head Teacher.
- Participates in In-Service education and training courses as well as
in continuing professional development opportunities.
- Maintains good order and disciplines amongst students and
safeguards their health and safety at all times.
- Participates in staff, group or other meetings related to the school,
for the better organization and administration of the school.
- Registers and monitors the attendance of students.
- Creates medium term and short term (weekly) plans, prepares and delivers
Clubs and Afternoon activities.
Plans, prepares, and delivers Summer school programs.
- Attends and participates in events organized by the school outside of
- University Degree in Education or Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work in a team
- Passionate and energetic
- Attractive remuneration package based on experience and qualifications
- Pleasant work environment
- Meals are provided on a daily basis
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.