On behalf of our client, a team of Directors, Managers, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, and a SENCO who work together productively to create a stimulating and inclusive environment for each and every child, we are looking for a Teaching Assistant (Preschool) to be based at their school in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists main class teacher in creating lesson plans for the academic year that adhere to the standards of the British National Curriculum.
- Assists main class teacher in assessing and recording student development, progress, and behavior.
- Reinforces classroom rules.
- Takes on the role of the main class teacher in absence of the teacher, ensuring all timetable plans and activities are completed.
- Adopts and works towards the implementation of the school’s development plan and Mission.
- Communicates with consults and co-operates with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Advises and co-operates with the Head Teacher, Team Leader and other teachers for the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes (Curriculum and Extra Curriculum based), methods of teaching and assessment arrangements.
- Ensures high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching. Through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer review and observation of class teaching practice by the Head Teacher.
- Participates in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities.
- Maintains good order and disciplines amongst students and safeguards their health and safety at all times.
- Participates in staff, group or other meetings related to the school, for the better organization and administration of the school.
- Assists in registering and monitors the attendance of students.
- Creates medium term and short term (weekly) plans, prepare and deliver Clubs and Afternoon activities, if requested.
- Assists in the planning, preparation and delivery of Summer school programmes.
- Attends and participates in events organized by the school outside of school hours.
- Includes oneself in the ‘Sleep Room’ duty schedule.
- Afternoon shifts on selected weekdays
- University Degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, or any relevant field
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work in a team
- Passionate and energetic
- Attractive remuneration package based on experience and qualifications
- Pleasant work environment
- Meals are provided on a daily basis
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.